The Manufacturing Executive Institute performs and participates in certain research projects that enhance and advance the manufacturing and distribution body-of-knowledge. If your organization is interested in participating in a research project or needs assistance on an existing research project, please contact us.
Past Research Projects
- Make-to-Stock vs. Make-to-Order Safety Stock Simulation: What Variables Most Impact Safety Stock Levels? (Sponsored by GDI Consulting & Training Company)
- The Impact of Industrial Robotics on Productivity in the Next Three Decades. (Sponsored by ADI)
- Best Practices for Aligned Performance Measurements for a Manufacturing Enterprise. (Jointly sponsored by GDI Consulting & Training Company and Idaho Asphalt Supply Company)
- Techniques to Reduce Master File Data Input Errors in an ERP Environment. (Co-sponsored by Ellison Prevention Mechanicals and ASK Software)
Current Research Projects
- Best Techniques for Set-Up Reductions in Large Batch Discrete Chemical Processing. (Jointly sponsored by the Manufacturing Executive Institute and Perigonne Chemicals, Ltd.)
- Constraints on Work Center Capacities in Process-Flow Manufacturing Environments. (Sponsored by GDI Consulting & Training Company)
- Best Practices for Calculating and Extending Cost of Quality Formulas Beyond the Manufacturing Floor. (Co-sponsored by GDI Consulting & Training Company and Jerico Controls)
Future Research Projects (Not Yet Prioritized)
- How To Build a “Management Simulator” that Rapidly Trains Teams of Executives to Successfully Operate a Manufacturing Company.
- Best Practices for the Education Technical Professional In “Corporate Economics”.
Please contact the Manufacturing Executive Institute at (951) 736-2114 if you are interested in any of these projects or have some additional ideas for future research.